This just in. Apparently, in the last year, a great momentous change has taken place in government. Although a year ago, the regular people, such as ministers and the like, were in power, it seems that a dastardly and scheming group have taken control of government. Yes, I am talking about 26 year old press secretaries.
Come on Marc, you say, how can this be? Well, a year ago, when Maxime Bernier, the somewhat out of his depth foreign affairs minister left behind some documents at his girlfriend's house, he was held responsible and was forced to resign. But, in a similar situation involving Natural Resources Minister Lisa Raitt, this was not required. Instead, the blame was put on Jasmine MacDonnell, her press secretary.
Now, it is true that this falls within Ms. MacDonnell's responsibilities. However, you would think that the Minister is equally responsible. This was a document labeled secret. Surely the Minister noticed it was missing.
No, the more likely reason for Lisa Raitt's absolution is that the Conservatives are down in the polls, with a risk of an election any time soon. Harper doesn't want the Conservatives to look any worse than they already do. Leaving documents behind is one thing, having ministers resigning is another.
But, if you believe Harper, it's his 26 year old press secretary who's running the show. Look out for that in the next election campaign. Harper's press secretary will be blamed for all the government's shortcomings, as well as asked to represent the PM in the leader's debate.
At least, that is if you believe Mr. Harper's claims regarding Raitt-gate.
Recommend this Post at Progressive Bloggers
If you liked this post, please vote for my blog at Canadian Blogosphere
Thursday, June 4, 2009
- Ignatieff, there are many other people in it with ...
- Further Desperation Strikes in Iran: Revealing ele...
- Bring Mohammed Kohail home
- Historic US bill on climate change good, but nowhe...
- Fraud according to Iran's Guardian Council
- Canadians don't like elections: force them to have...
- If only North America were like Iran
- Why we should be paying more taxes
- A great opportunity slips through Michael's finger...
- Partisan government advertising: A beloved Conserv...
- They said Harper was smart... Looks like he thinks...
- In a break from election speculation, attempts at ...
- Will the Bloc Quebecois regret opposing the Conser...
- To pull or not to pull the plug, that is the quest...
- Conservatives intentionally confusing themselves?
- A list of Conservative "cheap politics"
- Cheap politics is career advancements
- The "sexy" minister has to go
- A response to Rex Murphy
- We are governed by a 26 year old, and it's not Jas...
- Let's get a steadier hand at the tiller
- ▼ June (21)