In an intelligent release on their website, the LPC has shown how ridiculous arguments made by opponents of the long-gun registry are by substituting guns for other things you need to register.
Here are the interesting arguments they came up with, and which, if the Tories and others are logically consistent, you can expect to see sometime soon:
* Criminals won’t register their dogs anyway, so what’s the point?
* The government wants you to get a fishing license so they can seize all of your fishing poles!
* The car registration scheme in this country costs millions a year and does nothing to prevent road accidents!
* You already have to pass a driver’s test to be able to drive a car, so what’s the point of having to register your car?
* There was a boating accident last week, and the boating registration scheme did nothing to prevent that from happening!
Clearly, we are wasting money on futile registries. I expect Stephen Harper to do something about this. It is disgraceful.
Recommend this Post at Progressive Bloggers
If you liked this post, please vote for my blog at Canadian Blogosphere
Thursday, September 2, 2010
- ▼ 2010 (24)