Amid all the controversy surrounding clearly partisan cheques allocating government spending, it has been revealed that the Conservative financial antics can stretch even further. Doorknobs are now part of stimulus for the economy. Replacing doorknobs in federal buildings in PEI deserves signage extolling the virtues of Canada's action plan. Never mind that, although this does give jobs for some people, it could be much better spent on something of lasting benefit to the economy. All money that goes to such stupid schemes could go to worthwhile things like developing green technologies.
What's next? Parliamentary toilet paper? It'd do a lot more good for society than new doorknobs. Especially in the Tory washrooms after Question Period, if you know what I mean.
Recommend this Post at Progressive Bloggers
If you liked this post, please vote for my blog at Canadian Blogosphere
Monday, October 19, 2009
- The Ridiculous Tory Defence on Partisan Advertisin...
- Conservatives Render Question Period a Disgrace
- Canada's Changing Under our Noses
- Conservatives Rewarding Conservative voters, CBC a...
- Defending the Indefensible, a Conservative Passtim...
- Conservatives Silence Deafening on Partisan Cheque...
- Doorknobs are Stimulus: Parliamentary Toilet Paper...
- Conservatives Attempting to Equate Ignatieff's Env...
- Remember the promise of Accountable Government?
- The Liberals Back on Course
- Why the Conservatives are wrong on the HST
- The Magical Disappearance of the Deficit
- Come Up With Some Policy
- Another Conservative Turn-Around?
- Get Ignatieff to do a Troika
- Harper has Company in Club of Canadian Leaders Flo...
- How COULD Anyone Have Confidence in this Governmen...
- ▼ October (17)