For starters, we already have CF-18s that are 30 years ahead technology wise over our most likely threat, the Russian TU-95s.
Secondly, as Philippe Lagassé, a defence analyst at the University of Ottawa has remarked, "it would be thoroughly against all [Russia's] national interests to ever contemplate sending a fleet of aircraft into our airspace.” Not to mention the rest of the world would be ill-advised to enter our airspace, as the US would probably view it as an action ultimately aimed against her.
Recommend this Post at Progressive Bloggers
If you liked this post, please vote for my blog at Canadian Blogosphere
- Why we Might not Need F-35s
- Has Candice Hoeppner Even Read the RCMP on the Lon...
- Jack Layton Should Whip his MPs on Long-Gun Regist...
- Liberal Census Bill Shows Fundamental Difference B...
- Conservatives Making Shameful Use of Shock Politic...
- What Tories are Missing in the Patronage Revelatio...
- Harper's Conservatives = Soft on Crime
- Conservative Party Workers Fraudulently Posing as ...
- Cheliak bilingual a year ago, but not any longer?
- Let's Make the Census Crisis as Big as Prorogation...
- Clement's version of robust and reliable data
- Tony Clement shows very worrying incompetence
- ▼ August (12)