Thursday, August 26, 2010
John McCallum announced today that the Liberals would introduce a private members bill reinstating the mandatory long form census, while removing the jail time penalty. The Conservatives are seeking to further hobble the power of government to take positive action in our society, whereas the Liberals are standing up for the admirable and desirable idea of a government that is able to help society. That shows the fundamental difference between the Conservatives and the Liberals. The Conservatives believe in a government that maintains sovereignty, keeps markets free and supplies the military. Liberals believe government can do more. Recommend this Post at Progressive Bloggers If you liked this post, please vote for my blog at Canadian Blogosphere
Posted by YL at 11:47 PM
- Why we Might not Need F-35s
- Has Candice Hoeppner Even Read the RCMP on the Lon...
- Jack Layton Should Whip his MPs on Long-Gun Regist...
- Liberal Census Bill Shows Fundamental Difference B...
- Conservatives Making Shameful Use of Shock Politic...
- What Tories are Missing in the Patronage Revelatio...
- Harper's Conservatives = Soft on Crime
- Conservative Party Workers Fraudulently Posing as ...
- Cheliak bilingual a year ago, but not any longer?
- Let's Make the Census Crisis as Big as Prorogation...
- Clement's version of robust and reliable data
- Tony Clement shows very worrying incompetence
- ▼ August (12)