With the release of 3 Liberal ads today, some criticism of the English language ad "Worldview" has been made surrounding what some see as a hokey and bland ad. However, the French-language ads are anything but. They are damning criticisms of Harper's management of the economy and the environment, two issues that are at the forefront of the national consciousness.
In "Bilan Deficit" (translated "Deficit Assessment"), Ignatieff points out how Harper's continually changing stance on a deficit, from total denial to having to admit it is over $50 million, shows a real disconnect with reality. Hardly bland and hokey words:
In "Bilan Deficit"/ "Assessing the Environment", Ignatieff exposes the failure of Harper's government on the environment by highlighting the fact that 3 environment ministers have been responsible for Canada being in the worst shape among all the G8 on the issue of climate change. In contrast, Ignatieff promises to restore our environmental leadership.
Of course, none of these ads as of yet have revealed any policy. But the French language ads give confidence, indicating that the Liberal Party is indeed able to go blow for blow with the PM.
With much deeper pockets than under Dion, and an ability to produce hard-hitting ads, Harper's time really is up.
I don't wonder about the quality of the ads or the ability to produce them, my question is why the difference between the French and English ads.
Recommend this Post at Progressive Bloggers
If you liked this post, please vote for my blog at Canadian Blogosphere
- Quebec, harbinger of a future lost election?
- Who Wants an Election, Really?
- Liberal Website Needs to Mobilise Supporters More
- Ignatieff Points out Key Difference (s) Between hi...
- Harper Intent on Government ads Promoting him, Rat...
- Mulroney Anniversary Reminds us of the Need for a ...
- We've Avoided an Election, For the Next Week or So...
- The Liberals are Giving Foreign Policy its Due
- We Deserve Better (and We Can Do Better)
- Ignatieff Rules out Coalition in Smart Move
- Think of It as an Electoral Stimulus Package
- Harper Utters "M" Word
- Bloc Advertising Makes Election Inevitable
- The Coalition Bogeyman
- Transcript of French Language Liberal ads Released...
- French Ads Should be Model for Future English Ads
- What Ignatieff's Campaign Narrative Should Be
- Jack, is that a coalition you've formed with Steph...
- ▼ September (18)