As I was visiting the NDP site, I found an invitation from Jack Layton encouraging me to go to the Halifax convention and help the party lay the foundations for winning the next election. Now I know that Layton can't demoralize his base by admitting how unlikely that is. Not to mention that an election could come as early as this fall, in which case there will be very little time to lay winning foundations. Anyway here it is...
"I invite you to join me - and thousands of New Democrats from across Canada - in Halifax this August. Together we’ll build our Party and lay the foundation for winning the next election.
With a Prime Minister who’s not sure how to handle this economic crisis, everyday Canadians are relying on New Democrats for leadership that will put them first.
This is your chance to make a real difference.
Canada can come out of this crisis stronger, greener and more prosperous than ever. But we have much work to do. I’m counting on you for all your ideas and your energy to help get us there.
Let’s roll up our sleeves and start building the Canada we want – one where the middle-class and the most vulnerable aren’t left behind.
I’ll see you in Halifax.
Recommend this Post at Progressive Bloggers
If you liked this post, please vote for my blog at Canadian Blogosphere
- Is John Baird out to Lunch?
- Liberals looking more ready for an election than i...
- Alternative reform to the Senate
- Harper's Defence on Senate Reform (it's a poor one...
- Ignatieff Wants a Coalition, Conservatives Say. No...
- What's with this government and protecting its cit...
- The possible excuse for Ignatieff's silence
- Insecure (New) Democrats?
- Ignatieff squanders opportunity, again
- Why are our leaders silent about Suaad Haji Mohamu...
- NDP winning the next election?
- Ignatieff, give Canadians something to talk about ...
- What's wrong with my generation and politics?
- Regressive Harmonized Sales Tax creating disharmon...
- ▼ August (14)