Okay, maybe he did not say those exact words. However, that's essentially the attitude that Prentice is displaying when this happens: "The federal environment minister says it may be a few years before Canada tables regulations to cut greenhouse gas emissions."
Unfortunately for him, the environment is not waiting. And the situation gets worse every year that Prentice delays. Of course Prentice believes that reducing emissions by 20% by 2020 is within the realm of possibilities. However, soon we will be told how that is impossible.
Either that, or the Conservatives will engage in deeply bipolar behaviour, acting in complete opposition to their current actions.
Or perhaps Prentice is implicitly recognizing that the Liberals will be back in power by that time, and that they will be the ones who make the changes necessary.
All this to show that the entire Conservative position on the environment would be comedic, if it weren't on one of the most important issues of our time.
Recommend this Post at Progressive Bloggers
If you liked this post, please vote for my blog at Canadian Blogosphere
- A Binding Deal in Copenhagen?
- Finally, Some Policy, and it's Great Policy
- Make all the evidence available
- In Which Ignatieff Shows Rhetorical Skill.
- Please Sir, May we Have Some Policy?
- Denying Responsibility of Torture
- Let's Have a Public Inquiry
- Prentice: The Environment will wait for us
- Who Cares if Others Sign Copenhagen or Not!
- The Climate Won't Wait Until 2050
- Canada's Forces More Important than the Charter?
- Against an Elected Senate (my article for the scho...
- Public to Blame for Health Minister's Failures?
- ▼ November (13)