Here is what Stephen Harper thinks about governments avoiding dissent: "When government starts trying to cancel dissent or avoid dissent is frankly when it’s rapidly losing its moral authority to govern."
Too bad for Canadians that that was in 2005. I guess even the great tactician has to change his mind sometimes.
Recommend this Post at Progressive Bloggers
If you liked this post, please vote for my blog at Canadian Blogosphere
- Take Away Harper's Right to Prorogue
- What the House of Commons is now being used for, t...
- Harper's Disdain for democracy continues
- Harper Calls his own Prorogation Anti-democratic
- Harper on Democracy: It causes instability
- The Speakers should protect Parliament
- This Prorogation Should Trigger Reform of Parliame...
- The Economist takes note of Harper's high handedne...
- Liberal MPs to defy Prorogation, Show up to work o...
- Debunking Conservative Myths on Prorogation
- ▼ January (10)